Occasionally new monetary notes are released, such as the $5 and $10 notes in Australia. When these notes are released, the note readers used by our CR10's need to be updated in order to recognise these notes.
In order to update the note reader a 'DA3 Programming Unit' tool is required. Please contact Copy Monitoring support on their email email@example.com to obtain one of these. Once you have received the DA3 Programming unit, the instructions to update the note reader are as follows:
- Power off the CR10 Unit.
- Disconnect the Ribbon cable connected to the note reader.
- Connect the Ribbon cable you disconnected from the note reader, to the 'Host Machine' port on the DA3 unit.
- Connect another ribbon cable, one end to the 'Validator' port on the DA3 unit and the other end to the note reader.
- Power the CR10 unit back on.
- On the note reader, there should be a small button on the side, this can sometimes be covered by clips holding the Ribbon Cable in place You will need something small to press the button, for example a paperclip or pen. Hold this button down for 5 seconds.
- On the DA3 Programming Unit, press the 'Mode Select' button until the blue light indicated 'BNV MATCH DOWNLOAD' is selected.
- Press the centre play button on the DA3 Programming unit. The middle button will change to a blue colour while data is being downloaded to the note reader.
- If the centre button on the DA3 programming unit returns to a green colour, the note reader has been updated successfully. If the centre button turns red, try holding in the button on the note reader for 5 seconds and trying again. If you are unable to get green button in the middle, please contact Copy Monitoring support.
Below are images of the DA3 Programming unit for reference.